Arturia Minimoog V VS. GForce Minimonsta (Final Showdown?!?)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

YOU tell me once & for all (since the past 6 months):

Which of these minimoog clones in THE best on the market right now?

TVD wrote:Which of these minimoog clones in THE best on the market right now?
Easy. The top and bottom ones.

'

MiniMax

'

The Arturia synth is much improved, hats well and truly off to them. Minimonsta has the edge in my book though, the GForce stuff just oozes quality.

I still take my copy of Oddity to bed with me every night. :love:
Analogue or digital – which is better? There's only one way to find out... FI-I-IGHT!!!

TVD wrote:
Which of these minimoog clones is THE best on the market right now?

Neither

Which tastes better? Coke or Pepsi? :hihi:

Your question is very subjective and a matter
of personal taste.....IMHO neither one is as
good as the real thing, but both have their
own charms. Bob Moog himself endorsed one
of them perhaps that means something? :lol:

Cheers.....CL :oops:

lion_cub wrote:TVD wrote:
Which of these minimoog clones is THE best on the market right now?

Neither
Of course, neither of these hold a candle to Model E. :D
Analogue or digital – which is better? There's only one way to find out... FI-I-IGHT!!!

CapnLockheed wrote:Your question is very subjective and a matter of personal taste.....IMHO neither one is as good as the real thing, but both have their own charms.
Exactly. IMO this kind of thread is pointless and never resolves anything, just makes a lot of noise.

BTW, Royal Crown beats both Coke and Pepsi... when you need something to wash down a Moon Pie, that is.

CapnLockheed wrote:Your question is very subjective and a matter of personal taste...
No it's not. He's not asking which is the best instrument, which has the best sound, which is the better instrument.

He's asking which is the better emulation of a known quantity. The original might be poop, the clone should replicate that poop. The worse clone might actaully be the better instrument.

These things are measurable, as in which is most like a real minimoog. Not subjective, except most folk don't know the known entity well and tend to couch that in mythos (Like each real one is so different from the other, etc. Bullshit. Each one is slightly different from the other, but each one is still identifiable as a minimoog. You wouldn't confuse it for being a guitar, for instance).

After all that crap I said though, the last minimoog battle showed that both were as good at being clones as any software was going to get. From all the data compiled, the Arturia thing, the Gforce thing and the Creamware thing were neck and neck for the stakes. Workflow was similar, and waveforms were all a pretty good match to the original.

So from there, TVD, just pick which ever you like best.

Also better than Pepsi or Coke.

[/quote]

Of course, neither of these hold a candle to Model E. :D[/quote]

Steinberg really nailed the speaker shattering noiseburst on that one when you play with the filter.

shamann, concerning your fist post: Only if "goodness of emulation" could be reduced to a single number would I agree with your contention that it's possible to say "A is a better emulation than B." If "good sound" could be expressed as a single measurement, you could definitively say "B sounds better than A."

But there's no sensible way to perform those reductions -- unless you allow for every person to choose the weight to be applied to each possible aspect of sound quality or authenticity of emulation, and you can see how unwieldy that would be. To be realistic, you'd really have to allow each person to assign those weights every time their mood changed.

Your second post... that matches my feelings exactly.

Mr Arkadin wrote:'

MiniMax

'
Ouch! 8)

i really love the rick wakeman presets that came with the minimonsta.

i'm a huge fan, and they were an added bonus.
i'll spare you the huge banner.
http://www.HipHopProduction.com

Return to “Instruments”