Acon Digital updates Restoration Suite to v1.6 - Major Quality Improvements
Acon Digital has announced that the latest version 1.6 of Restoration Suite, their suite of plug-ins for audio restoration work, contains a brand new declipping algorithm and quality improvements in the denoiser.
The new version of DeClip is able to restore audio material that is much more severely damaged than the earlier algorithm. Also new is the automatic detection of threshold levels based on the audio input signal. In most cases, a click on the new Detect button is now sufficient to set the threshold values and ensure optimal reconstruction of the signal.
The new denoising algorithm is more transparent and introduces less processing artifacts than in the earlier version. The graphical user interface of all the four plug-ins in the suite are now resizable.
New Features and Fixes:
- Brand new algorithm in DeClip allows reconstruction of severely clipped material.
- New Detect button in DeClip adjusts threshold levels automatically based.
- on input audio.
- DeNoise has been improved for even more transparency and less processing artifacts.
- DeHum now removes hum from the very beginning of a clip if the fundamental frequency.
- is set accurately.
- The graphical user interface is now resizable.
- Fixed code signing issues under OS X.
- OS X installer now lets users choose which plug-ins to install (AAX, AU or VST).
The update is free for all Restoration Suite customers and is available from the Restoration Suite product page.