antti ASynth v1.0 released
antti @ Smart Electronix has released v1.0 of ASynth, a new VSTi synth for Windows. The filters in ASynth are all emulations of the actual analog filter circuits with the exception of XPander which is based on OTA (Operational Transconductance Amplifier) core. Hence they are slower than normal digital filters, but the difference in sound should more than make up for the increased CPU requirements.
- 6 Voice polyphony.
- 2x/4x/8x selectable oversampling.
- MIDI CC automation.
- Two oscillators:
- Osc 1 with sawtooth and square waveforms.
- Osc 2 with sawtooth and pulse waveforms.
- Three circuit modelled filters:
- MS20: 12 dB/oct lowpass filter with signal level dependent resonance.
- Mini: 24 dB/oct lowpass filter from the 60's.
- XPander: Multimode 24 dB/oct filter with 16 different responses.
- Two ADSR envelopes (VCF and VCA).
- One LFO with 6 waveforms.
ASynth is Donationware and the "demo" version is fully functional but has a nag screen on startup. To register (and get rid of the nag screen), just make a donation.