Artificial Audio has announced Quartz, a unique multi-effect plug-in that turns the simplest sounds into ever evolving rhythmic soundscapes. But that's not everything. It is also a source of creative modulation which can be used to control parameters outside of Quartz such as software instruments, plug-ins or even external MIDI equipment.
Quartz effect modules and features:
- Auto - Panning.
- Auto - Gain.
- Two independent Multimode Filters with high quality oversampling modes.
- Tempo-synced Stereo Delay to create dub- and tape-delay effects.
- Wave Shaper to add extra distortion and saturation.
- 4 independent, tempo-syncable LFOs (0.01Hz up to 2.1 kHz).
- 4 unique Modulation Lines (each with up to 200 points).
- Quick-access browsers and a huge library of Presets and Modulation Line templates.
Pricing & Availability
Quartz will be released end of May 2010 for Windows and Mac OS X in VST and AU plug-in formats. It will have an MSRP of €99 but be available initially for an introductory price of €79.