Arturia has released the Pigments software synthesizer. Combining two worlds, it is designed to add cutting-edge wavetable synthesis to Arturia's virtual analog technology.
Pigments is designed to offer exceptional sound and fast workflow and make complex modulations easy, fast, and fun.
- Scale quantized pitch modulations to build complex melodic sequences.
- Continuous unison controls that can be modulated, with classic and chord modes.
- Extensive waveshaping options for the wavetable oscillator, with great aliasing control.
- The usual modulation sources and some more unconventional ones like the Turing and Binary random generators.
- Powerful gate/retrig handling for modulators. Perfect to inspire unusual rhythmic sequences or self-generating patches.
- Polyrhythmic sequencer with a strong emphasis on randomness, with scale control to remain musical.
- Two engines in parallel: the best of both worlds.
- Virtual Analog triple oscillator engine.
- Complex Wavetable engine with morphing and import.
- 2018 Arturia.
- Twin filters: dozens to choose from.
- Classic filters from V Collection instruments.
- Modern filters like surgeon and comb.
- Continuous series/parallel routing.
- Powerful effects section: an all-in-one solution.
- 13 effects, including wavefolder, overdrive, parametric EQ, and delay.
- Insert or Send routing options with drag and drop for easy switching.
- All the essential parameters can be modulated.
- Advanced modulation system: modulate anything with anything.
- Graphical editing, source-based or destination-based.
- Envelopes, LFOs, Function generators, Random sources.
- 4 assignable Macros to control multiple parameters at once.
- Visual interface: understand your sound.
- Graphical representation of the most important modules.
- Living, moving waveform to see your sound come alive.
- Polyrhythmic Sequencer and Arpeggiator: get creative.
- Create complex, custom and evolving sequences or arps.
- Extensive factory preset library: learn from the masters.
- Hundreds of presets from many artists and experienced sound designers, including Jeremy Savage, Starcadian, Cubic Spline, Mord Fustang, and Jörg Hüttner.
- Highlighted "notes" to show which parameters are recommended to tweak.
Price: $199 / 199€ - Pigments will be available to experience for free for a full month after its release. Users wishing to buy Pigments during this promotional month will be able to purchase it for only $149 / 149€. Exclusive deals will be available for existing Arturia customers and V Collection owners.