Arturia has updated its software drum machine Spark to v2.4. It's just celebrated its 4th birthday and to celebrate, Arturia's developers have been hard at work refining and improving the performance of Spark 2, removing bugs and enhancing compatibility. Details below.
- No more crash when click output is set on out 16.
- No more crash when exporting MIDI in Cubase 8.0.40 OS X.
- No more crash when loading a project if there is a project with the same name.
- No more crash when closing while controller detection is running.
- No more crash with 9/8 time signature used in sequencer or when using impossible time signature and resolution state.
- Distortion Crush 2 doesn't create anymore offset on audio out.
- Graphic EQ tooltips now properly displays negative values.
- No more weird behavior when using fx on master track.
- Vocal filter LFO on/off now switches correctly.
- Leslie speed switch is now working correctly.
- Factory FX presets are not deletable anymore.
- Analog delay presets are now recalled correctly.
- Tube distortion works now correctly if sample rate is set to 44100.
- Phaser dual mode button has now effect on sound.
- Vocal filter letter placement is now recalled properly.
- In sequencer view, importing MIDI file by drag and drop is possible if you drag on a step.
- Sequencer view now switch correctly between 1-32 and 33-64 view when song is active.
- Resolution improvement when re-importing a MIDI file with drag & drop.
- User can remove automation made on FX2.
- User can access "33-64" page in 1/24 resolution.
- User can access "33-64" page when using 48 steps.
- When editing on 33-64 sequencer page, global automation tool is now correctly updated on drag.
- Shift Automation doesn't reset anymore to its minimum value when deleted.
- "Lyynk Indus 1" instrument 1, parameter 1 is now correctly mapped to Pitch.
- "Deep Lab 1" macro knob is now possible to turn with mouse drag.
- "Lyynk Indus 2" instrument 8 is now working perfectly.
- "Subdriven_RS" instrument is now working perfectly in "Subdriven" project.
- User can't overwrite factory kits anymore.
- Rename preference improvement for *.wav export size "Two Patterns Length" to "Include audio tail when exporting".
- Icons at export on Windows are now correct.
- User can now properly select the MIDI drum map output format.
- Improvement of the drag and drop export feature.
- Drag audio sequence from sequencer to DAW doesn't require anymore the mouse over a non audio track area.
- Studio One 3 supports now drag & drop wave files into track.
- "Please select the moose you want to load..." Typo when loading a sample from Windows Explorer had been edited.
- Sampler now shows correctly the waveform if reverse is on.
- Reverse button state is now updated when changing instrument.
- Modular view doesn't reset anymore zoom and modules position when loading project.
- User can choose an image when creating a new project or "saving as".
- User can disable the master out limiter in the preference panel.
- When browsing samples, selecting another track doesn't reset anymore the browser to the first sample.
- Double click default value is now set on 0db on mixer faders and not anymore on middle position.
- Tempo is now updated in GUI when tapped.
- Pad names are now correctly updated when switching from pad 1-8 to 9-16.
- Verbose Mode is now accessible on SparkLE GUI.
- Third parameter assignment of instrument 15 & 16 is now correctly displayed.
- GUI of the slices are now correctly displayed in the REX player.
- Library doesn't disappear anymore after closing GUI and reopening it in the DAW.
- NOISE/HARDTEK packs are now correctly working with all sample rates on Mac.
- Select+12 shortcut doesn't change anymore accent and song mode.
- Step sequencer buttons from controller and GUI now trigger notes in Tune mode.
- Switching from SparkLE GUI to Spark Creative GUI doesn't set anymore the BPM knob to its maximum value.
- It is not possible anymore to interact with modules that are behind other modules in the Modular view.
- No more error in FL Studio when detaching the window.
- BPM is now updated when Spark is slave of an external MIDI device.
- Tempo and shuffle values are not changed anymore when changing kits.
- Previewing an instrument without loading it doesn't change anymore the instrument name.
- The VST *.dll install path is now remembered between installations on PC.
- Sample browser is not anymore corrupted if instrument was previously a modular instrument.
- Latch mode works with mouse unless you first use the XY of the controller.
- In Song view, dragging a new pattern now deselects all previously selected patterns.