Double Precision Equalizer got its name because it uses "double precision floating point stream" in the critical parts of the calculations. This is meant to be a good and clean sounding EQ with minimal digital artifacts and a practical and informative UI for the user. It supports all sampling rates up to 192khz.
Changes from version 0.53:
- High frequencies are now processed at double sample rate to get that open airy analogish high end.
- New GUI with several bug fixes. Added individual colored graphs on each band. Removed the "Broken modus" and noise generator.
- New good sounding saturation module with more even than odd harmonics if not pushed to hard. Replaces the "Timetravel" saturation.
- High pass filter (8-pole).
- Low shelf filter (2-pole).
- 4 peak filters (2-pole).
- High shelf filter (2-pole).
- Low pass filter (adjustable 2-8-pole).
- Adjustable input level.
- Off/On switch.
- Adjustable saturation.
- RMS and peak meters.
- Frequency response graph with controllable nodes.
- Left click mouse over and under node to change slopes.
- Ctrl + left mouse click to default knobs.
- Shift + left mouse click and drag to get precise knob movement.