Best Service has announced Titan - 200 Synthesizers in One, which is described as "the biggest and most extensive Synthesizer Sound Collection of all time - the development and the sampling of this library was 10 Years in the making".
Titan offers 5,500 multi-samples of the best sounds from 200 classic Analog Synthesizers and Modular Systems, including the biggest and most famous Digital Synths and Workstations of the 80s and 90s, and from the newest virtual instruments and current synths, all in one massive plug-in.
That means 40 years of synth history and sound variety. Best Service put great emphasis on preserving the unique sound character of each instrument - that's why many of the instruments were partially sampled with their original effects and filters, which can be hard to reproduce in the virtual domain. All instruments were sampled and looped perfectly and inserted into the new Best Service ENGINE.
ENGINE was developed by Best Service in cooperation with Yellow Tools. It is based on Yellow Tools' high-end sampler Independence Pro and offers all performance features of a contemporary sample engine.
- "Superfast" Sound Loading – average access and loading of a new sound with all its parameters and effects is less than a second.
- Direct stepping through the Soundpool.
- Analog Modelling for realistic reproduction of analog synth sounds.
- Solo-Mode, Legato-Mode, Glide and Samplestart Shifting.
- A vast array of parameters.
- QuickEdit Page: with instant access to all important parameters.
- ProEdit Page: offers every possible parameter, an FX-Rack with 46 effects, convolution reverb (including 400 impulse responses) and more.
- Infinite polyphony.
- Flexible MIDI routing.
- Arpeggiator incl. MIDIfile-Player.
- Step Sequencer.
- 36 GB sample sound library.
- 5,500 unique multi-samples.
- 100,000 samples.
- Hundreds of additional live recordings.
- 2,327 Synth Sounds divided into 35 subgroups (Lead-Synths, Bells, Sequences, 5th, 7th, Filter, Accordion, Atmospheric, Basic Waves, Brutal, China & Asia, Chords, Dance, Detuned, Digital, DX & FM, Dramatic, Dreaming, Effects, Harp, Electronica, Gliding, Kraftwerk-Style, Melody, Metallic, Allround, Organic, Phasing, Power, Ring-modulation, Space & Cosmos, Synthpop, Techno, Unisono, Wavetable).
- 1,200 Pads and Atmospheres (divided into 38 subgroups).
- 778 Basses (divided into 39 subgroups).
- 250 Synth-Brass and Real Brass Sounds.
- 100 Guitars.
- 200 Organs (divided into 11 subgroups).
- 161 Choirs and Voices.
- 227 Pianos.
- Hundreds of effect-sounds.
- Bonus-Bank: 170 original vintage string synths from over 20 different original instruments.
Pricing & Availability
Titan is scheduled for release on 15th July, 2009. It will be available for Windows and Mac OS X in VST, AU and RTAS plug-in formats. MSRP is €249 (incl. VAT).