E-Phonic has updated Invader 2, a polyphonic synthesizer for Windows and MacOS, to version 1.0.8.
Changes in v1.0.8:
- Parameter values now displayed in the top bar.
- Adds sustain pedal support.
- Oscillators that have the same pitch (or a multiple) are synced when a note is triggered to improve consistency in sound.
- The phase of the oscillators is now also updated when the volume is at zero to prevent unexpected changes when they are turned on again.
- New phase offset slider added to control the initial phase when oscillators are synced/restarted.
- Reworked MIDI note handling.
- Key assign modes added:
- REUSE: reuse already playing voices with the same MIDI note.
- NEW: assigns MIDI notes to new voices if available.
- ARP now works correctly in polyphonic mode.
- ARP now handles velocity.
- SEQ now has 2 play modes, Sequencer Play (Poly) and Sequencer Play (Seq).
- Sequencer Play (Poly) plays the (polyphonic) notes you play and applies the pitch of the sequencer to the notes.
- Sequencer Play (Seq) plays the sequence transposed to the note you play.
- Fix: clicks/pops when using oscillator restart with the triangle oscillator.
- Fix: clicks/pops when switching presets.
- Fix: update MIDI controller status after loading preset.
- Fix: song conversion from v1.0.3 working again.
- Unused PW / SYNC controls are disabled when Triangle or Saw oscillator types are active.
- Minor UI improvements.
- Presets are updated for the new phase controls.
The update is free for existing customers. New customers can 'Pay what they want' to obtain Invader 2, starting at only €5.