EastWest recorded Voices of Soul with C.C. White, who has sung with many of the greatest and most iconic names in the music industry. Her voice is a thrilling blend of Funk, Soul, Reggae, Southern Blues, Gospel, R&B, Jazz, with a bit of Latin flair. From soft and angelic to powerful and earth shattering, her voice effortlessly captivates and enthralls audiences.
Voices of Soul was produced by Doug Rogers and Nick Phoenix, the most awarded producers in the sounds industry, and includes a collection of expressive, soulful multi-sampled vocal instruments with hundreds of expressive phrases in every key and highly realistic true legato transitions. Composers can switch between multiple articulations on the fly with Combo instruments and play chords to create vocal harmonies with Mod Xfade Chords instruments.
Voices of Soul features vocals across a variety of categories, including:
- Sustain contains a variety of single syllable vocal instrument types, including Ah, Doo, Ee, Eh, Ha, Hm, Ho, Ho Expressive, Hoo, La, Mm, Oh, Oh Expressive, Oo, So Expressive, Wo, Wo Expressive. Most contain multiple velocity-sensitive dynamic layers, and a few contain additional "expressive" versions.
- Legato contains instruments that playback true legato intervals when playing notes in a connected fashion (legato) for every interval up to an octave in either direction, and sustain layers that playback when playing disconnected (separated).
- Combo Mod contains instruments that combine multiple articulations and use the Mod Wheel (MOD) or Velocity Sensitivity (VS) to determine which playback.
- Combo RR contains instruments that combine multiple articulations by using Round Robin programming to cycle through articulations.
- Mod XFADE Chords contains polyphonic, single syllable vocal instruments that use the Mod Wheel (CC1) to crossfade between dynamic layers.
- Phrases contains over 600 phrases and adlibs sung in a soulful style, spread out across 12 instruments, one for each of the 12 root note positions.
- Keyswitch contains instruments that combine multiple articulations into a single instrument, and use keyswitches to activate the desired articulation.
- Phrases KS FX Presets contains the phrases keyswitch instruments saved with a variety of FX Rack presets. The FX Rack includes the SSL Channel Strip and Bus Compressor, OhmForce Ohmicide, and EastWest EP-1 Delay, ADT, Amp Simulator and Convolution Reverb.
Price: $399. There is a special price of $199 in the KVR Marketplace until October 31, 2018.
Voices of Soul is also available as a free addition for all subscribers of ComposerCloud, EastWest's subscription service.