The key features of Augustus Loop that make it more than just a big delay effect are:
- Really long maximum delay (3600 seconds - that's one hour).
- Virtual tape. The delay simulates an old-style tape delay, meaning you can:
- Change the tape speed (i.e. pitch up and down)
- Reverse the tape direction.
- Smoothly change the delay time (as if you were changing the head gap on a tape delay).
- Multimode filter and saturation in the feedback loop.
- Four feedback taps (left to left, left to right, right to left and right to right) with independent delay time and feedback settings, for ping-pong effects, stereo delays etc.
- Pitch and filter LFOs.
Augustus Loop costs $20 USD and a fully functional demo version is available for download.