Expert Sleepers has announced the release of version 1.1 of Silent Way. This is primarily an update to the Voice Controller plug-in, though the DC plug-in also benefits from the OSC enhancements.
- The Voice Controller AU now has an effect variant so it will work in Digital Performer.
- Added new OSC commands (registerOSCPathForParameter() and registerOSCPathForParameterNormalized()) added, primarily for compatibility with TouchOSC.
- Output configuration changed from a set of drop-down menus to a full matrix of knobs.
- Envelope scale parameters removed, since the same functionality is now offered by the output matrix.
- Added new 'velocity' output.
- Added velocity-based scaling of envelopes.
- Added Hz/V calibration mode.
- Areas of the full MIDI note range note covered during calibration are now filled with 'wrapped around' values from octaves that are covered.
- Added note priority modes (last/low/high) and retrigger modes (on/off).
- Added 'panic' button.
- Fixed some incorrect envelope triggering behaviour.
- The 'trigger' output is now slightly longer than before (it was previously a single audio sample).
NOTE: the reworking of the output configuration unfortunately means that v1.1.0 of the Voice Controller is not preset-compatible with earlier versions. If you install this version and then load up a song that already uses the Voice Controller, some of the settings (notably the envelopes) will be wrong.