Flandersh Tech has released Substitute, a free VST3 synthesizer for Windows:
Covering all the classical features of a subtractive synthesizer such as oscillators, filters, effects, extensive modulation options and arp/chord generator, you have what you need to make your sound. In addition to this, it is a social synth created for connecting to other synthesizers through its CV outs and sampling features.
- Dual oscillator section with classical waveforms and oscilloscope.
- Supports custom single-cycle waveforms and recording/sampling of single-cycle waveforms.
- Topology preserving analog-style filters with spectrum meter.
- Extensive modulation capabilities through four envelopes and four LFOs, with CV out options for external instruments.
- Creative effect section with different delays, waveshaper, compressor, reverb, special noise generator, ring modulation, FM, tone control, bit reduction and saturation amp.
- MIDI chord generator and classic arpeggiator.
Price: Free. Includes a reference manual and requires a host that supports VST3 (64-bit) and runs on Microsoft Windows 8.1 or later.