IK Multimedia has announced that AmpliTube version 3.7.1 is now available as a free download/update.
This update is in response to players who wanted better allocation of CPU Power and RAM usage. Now, AmpliTube version 3.7.1 uses 30% less CPU power and 35% less RAM, allowing you to use more instances of AmpliTube on individual channel strips in your favorite DAW. The 30% reduction of CPU usage also means that players who use AmpliTube in standalone mode can run AmpliTube more efficiently on older, less powerful machines. This makes gigging out with AmpliTube even easier.
Other enhancements to AmpliTube include the addition of the Preset Up and Preset Down menu items in the StealthPedal controller dialogue menu, and overall stability enhancements. A new preset "transition" feature also allows users to select the type of transition when switching from varied presets.
Changes from version 3.7
- Optimized RAM usage with an average savings of 35%.
- Optimized CPU usage with an average savings of 30%.
- Added preset browsing via StealthPedal external switches.
- Improved automation written from the StealthPedal controller.
- Fixed an issue that was corrupting the JCA20 audio response.
Four Track Audio Player:
- Fixed an issue that was corrupting the Pitch Shifter scale.
- Fixed an issue that may crash the application when adding an instance on the second track in the Four Track Audio Player.
Existing users can download the AmpliTube 3.7.1 update from the "Downloads" section by logging into your User Area.
New users can check out AmpliTube 3 Custom Shop: AmpliTube 3 FREE is a full-featured version of AmpliTube, with 24 gear models included. Plus, the included Custom Shop allows you to try and buy over 200 new gear models available as à la carte purchases.