IK Multimedia has announced the release of the T-RackS Tape Machine Collection. This collection is intended to give you the true character of analog tape, adding warmth, character and glue to tracks.
The new models include the Tape Machine 440, Tape Machine 80, Tape Machine 24, and Tape Machine 99, re-creating four classic tape recording machines from the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s: the Ampex 440B, the Studer A80, the MCI JH24 and the Revox PR99.
The T-RackS Tape Machine Collection is the culmination of 2 years of research and development on real tape machines, each carefully restored "to spec" and modeled stage-by-stage for accuracy. Using a careful mix of convolution and physical modeling the Tape Machine Collection is designed to e-creates the complex interplay of machine, tape, and audio to capture even the smallest detail of each machine.
Each Tape Machine module offers its own unique character plus 4 tape formulas, selectable tape speed, and common controls designed to let you easily audition the differences between the different machines and tape formulations.
- Tape Machine 440: The Ampex 440 series dates from the late 1960's, and known to deliver an unmistakably soulful color that made this professional and historic mixing and mastering machine a legend.
- Tape Machine 80: The Studer A80 Mk II, in its various revisions, was an essential part of countless influential records. Engineered and manufactured in Switzerland from 1970 to 1988, it became the de facto standard for professional high-end multi-tracking. The A80's sonic signature is a famous blend between transparency and subtle harmonic enhancement.
- Tape Machine 24: A model of the MCI JH24. First produced in 1980, the JH24 was a staple in US studios during the 1980s.
- Tape Machine 99: The Revox PR99 Mk II is a stereo professional recorder produced by Studer in the 1980s. Engineered around a hybrid design that was designed to combine the best of discrete and op-amp topologies, this model offers a very smooth frequency response, especially on bass, with almost no trace of the typical "head bump" phenomenon. A standard for broadcast and classical music, this machine was appreciated by audiophiles for its exceptional sonic quality.
Price: $/€99.99. The T-RackS Tape Collection featuring all four machines will be offered for $/€199.99 (a saving of 50% compared to purchasing individual models separately). For a limited time through June 30, 2019, the T-RackS Tape Collection bundle will be available at a special introductory price of only $/€99.99. Each Tape Machine Single will also have a special introductory price of $/€79.99.
* All prices excluding taxes