M-Audio has announced the introduction and immediate availability of their new Keystation 61, 49 and Mini 32 MK3 USB/MIDI keyboard controllers. The new models are the latest versions of the keyboard controllers, with velocity-sensitive keys and comprehensive controls that expand the range of playable notes, expressive capabilities, and enhance the player's recording workflow.
The new models use octave range buttons, pitch-bend and modulation controls and volume control to play, perform and record with music software without requiring a mouse or trackpad. The 61 and 49 MK3 feature transport and directional controls and a 1/4" (6.3mm) sustain pedal input to use an external control pedal, such as the M-Audio SP2 (sold separately), for genuine piano sustain. The Keystation 61 MK3 adds 5-pin MIDI output and semi-weighted keys as step-up features from the Mini 32 MK3 and 49 MK3.
Compact, lightweight and durable, the Keystation models are USB-powered, class-compliant, and support USB-MIDI connectivity. Plus, all three support iOS connectivity with the Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter (sold separately), enabling you to perform and compose with audio apps on your iPad and other iOS devices.
The new MAudio Keystation models come with an array of recording/producing/performance software, virtual instruments and on-line performance/skill-building lessons. These tools include:
- Pro Tools | First M-Audio Edition recording/production software.
- Air Music Technology Xpand!2 multitimbral workstation.
The 61 and 49 MK3 add:
- Ableton Live Lite performance/production program.
- Air Music Technology Mini Grand virtual pianos.
- Air Music Technology Velvet virtual electronic pianos.
- Skoove online interactive piano lessons.
- Melodics instructional desktop app for MIDI keyboards.
- 2GB of Touch Loops premium loops, one shots and sound elements.
Price: U.S. retail price is $169 for the 61 MK3, $99 for the 49 MK3 and $49 for the Mini 32 MK3.