Version 1.0.7 Beta of MIDI Shape Shifter (MSS), a free, open source, Windows VST MIDI plug-in for mapping, generating and transforming MIDI data, is now available.
MIDI Shape Shifter's simple and flexible interface is capable of satisfying a wide range of MIDI needs. For example, MIDI Shape Shifter could be used to:
- Apply a velocity curve.
- Generate an LFO.
- Create mappings between ranges of MIDI data.
- Trigger events like side chain compression.
- Filter out specified MIDI data.
- Apply MIDI compression or gate effects.
- Automatically harmonize notes.
- Create split/dual keyboard.
- Control multiple parameters with a single knob.
- Transform MIDI with mathematical equations.
The developers would appreciate your feedback at the user group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/midi-shape-shifter.