The Mix Challenge competitions start off with two games this month.
The following challenges are currently open to compete in:
- Mix Challenge #071:
- Have the chance to work on a Electronic / Singer-Songwriter production.
- Deadline: 21st of November.
- Songwriting Competition #039:
- The theme being "There is a Pogo on the dance floor".
- Create a production in the Ska genre (fitting to the given premise).
- Deadline: 24th of November.
Prizes will be awarded to the Winners Podium. Among them (selection): Acon Digital, Ghostwave Audio, Hollow Sun, Hornet Plugins, IK Multimedia, JRR Sounds, kv331 audio, Luftrum, Metric Halo, MusicLab, NOS Audio, Rekkerd Sounds, Satyatunes Graphic and Sound Design and Tone2.
Parallel to the competitions in November, the Mix Challenge community is collecting sounds and samples for the upcoming Songwriting Competition in January 2021, called "Community Scramble", where it is only allowed to use these community sourced samples as main sound starting point. Participants can however mangle this material through re-sampling, modulation, wavetable synthesis or similar. No additional instrument usage is allowed:
- Songwriting Competition - Community Scramble:
- sound and sample collection for SWC041/January 2021.
- Deadline: 21st of December 2020.