Neocymatics has released Simulation Strings, an ensemble & solo string library for Kontakt 5 that is designed to breath a scientific approach into the art of sampling, allowing the user to control every possible aspect of each individual instrument in the Ensemble.
- A palette of 30 articulations, which can be mixed & matched between the players.
- A legato engine that continuously analyzes your performance and seamlessly morphs between adaptive Portamento, Slur, Accented Legato Or Re-bow.
- Auto-Articulation system which decides the best articulation choice, based on playing speed, velocity and dynamics.
- Phase-aligned dynamics, ranging from pp to ff
- Intelligent timing, tuning & other performance-oriented humanization algorithms that can be tweaked on the fly.
- Vibrato control (Speed & Intensity) for each individual player.
- Auto-Divisi plus the ability to record each instrument separately.
- True stereo reverberation engine with 3D Placement of each instrument inside the stereo panorama.
- Big selection of spaces, ranging from small studio rooms to huge concert halls.
- 360 Tone profiles for coloring each section's sound that modify various characteristics of the sound (like sharpening/blurring the transients, dampening the bow noise or increasing the sound homogeny among each section). 40 of these profiles are sordino emulations.
- Manage tone and bow noise levels separately, through a dedicated mixer console.
- Microtuning functionality: choose from a big selection of Byzantine and Middle Eastern scales & maqams or build your own custom tunings.