New Sonic Arts has updated Freestyle, a VST host for stage and studio, to version 1.5.
Until March 15th, Freestyle is available to buy at a special price of 79 EUR (regular price 129 EUR).
- New 'Group' container module, plus Encapsulate/Expand options.
- New 'Track Bar' for enhanced navigation in Edit View.
- 'New Project' quick start dialog.
- VST View: Unified VST view with integrated preset browser and parameter search.
- Add button for context-sensitive module insertion ('+' key shortcut).
- Event Player: various editing/selection improvement.
- 'VST Properties' dialog for VST name and vendor correction.
- Structure View: improved keyboard navigation (cursor keys + enter/exit).
- PatchCloud: Faster downloading and synchronization (no more timeouts).
- PatchCloud: Added option to pre-download VST previews.
- My Samples / My Presets: Improved background scanning.
- My Samples / My Presets: 'Open Location' and 'Delete' (via shift) context-menu options.
- Database back-end optimizations.
- Standalone and VST: MIDI out.
- Assignment Manager: set MIDI CC and Automation IDs by text input.
- File Browser: automatic folder content monitoring.
- File Browser: improved keyboard navigation.
- Plugin 'Embed Samples in Host Project' added 'Max Size' option.
- Instrument Freeze (Freeze to Nuance) engine enhancements and fixes.
- VST 'Select Version' menu allows switching between plugins with identical UIDs (typically Novation AutoMap plugins).
- Structure View 'Disconnect' context-menu option.
- Improved in-app SoundPack downloads.
- UI rendering optimizations.
- Various other UI and workflow improvements.
- Some VST hosting fixes.
- Several UI rendering crash / corruption issues.
- Various PatchCloud / database fixes.
- OS X: Fixed an AU crash on exit / Logic X AU validation issue.
- Waveform displays: show right channel was not working.
- Browser: Audition controls were sometimes 'stuck'.
- Automated Macro's were sometimes not updated in host after Snapshot recall.
- Several local database corruption issues.
- Various other stability fixes.
This free update is available now in the User Area. A free demo is also available to download here.