Nikolozi has updated Mela to version 1.9 for iOS.
- Oscillators can now be made free running by preventing them to retrigger on key press. Simply toggle on the Free parameter switch.
- Added the ability to modulate Mod Matrix Intensity parameters in both Mela and Mela FX audio units.
- Improved the Key source behaviour. Instead of generating only positive values relative to the C-2 key, Mela now produces a bipolar signal relative to C3. This means, when playing C3 note there will be no modulation applied to the target.
- The factory presets have been updated to account for the above change. You may need to adjust your own presets as well, in case they sound a bit different because of the new Key source behaviour.
- Improved how LFOs work internally: including the code efficiency as well as how they sync with the host.
- Improved LFO waveform generation algorithms: including fixing the square waveforms not generating accurately.
- Added smoothing to Mod Wheel, Aftertouch and Pitch Bend. This prevents any zipper sounds when they are used as modulation sources.
- An error dialog will be presented when trying to load a preset that was created using a newer version of Mela.
- An error dialog will be presented when trying to load a corrupted preset file.
- Improved Mela FX's Default and Init presets.
- Fixed iOS 14 compatibility issues.
- Updated User Guide.
Download the update from the App Store.