One Red Dog has announced that Molten Drum Machine for iPad will be released in the App Store on Wednesday 24 November, 2010.
Molten Drum Machine is a powerful and intuitive tool for creating percussive sounds and rhythm sequences. One Red Dog says that what makes it unique is its approach to grid based pattern sequencing that divides time to instantly add tuplets and fills to your drum programming.
Molten is designed to be a flexible pattern based rhythm step-sequencer. Unlike traditional step-sequencers that have a fixed step size of typically 16 or 32 steps, Molten has a dividable step size. This flexibility allows for the easy creation of tuplet-based rhythms.
Unlike many traditional step-sequencers that have a fixed or box based time signature (usually 4/4), Molten features a flexible time signature. The power of Molten lies in its grid layout - vertically you can see as many as eight instrument parts running simultaneously. Horizontally you can have anywhere from one beat on a single page to 16 beats over four pages. With Molten it is possible to divide any beat into as many as nine pieces, and this is where things become interesting.
Built on a versatile synthesizer Molten allows you to play and process your own sound samples. The kits can be mangled, filtered and crushed using the multi-touch interface. Load and store your patterns and share them with your friends. Export to a standard MIDI file and import into a professional digital audio workstation. With iOS4.2, Molten supports USB MIDI devices with the iPad Camera Connection Kit. Connect directly to hardware with the MIDI out and to a Mac over Wi-Fi with MIDI networking.
Key features at a glance:
- Easily and quickly create rhythms with complex time signatures.
- Intuitively divide a note into tuplets.
- Each pattern has eight instrument tracks.
- Each instrument track has its own effects processor which can be tweaked in real-time.
- Global master effects processor including delay, reverb, EQ and compressor.
- Sample based synthesis with user loadable samples.
- Share your pattern compositions as audio or MIDI files or transfer patterns between Molten users.
Molten Drum Machine will be available via the App store for the introductory price of $9.99 for a limited time only.