Oxe Software has announced that the Oxe FM Synth is now an open source project, licensed under GNU GPL v3, for anyone who wants to study the code and contribute to turn it better or even start porting to new platforms.
Here's what they say: "I lost many years of evolution because I didn't do it before (while I wasn't evolving the code), but never is it too late. I appreciate some help to do the Mac OS X and Linux versions. The code is on GitHub. There are more uses, beside to be a VST plugin: it could be used as a demo/game sound engine too. So... enjoy."
Oxe FM Synth has been updated to v1.3.0, which includes the following changes:
- new feature: full automation (on channel 1);
- new feature: show values on mouse over;
- new feature: double click to set default value;
- new feature: host undo/redo support;
- all parameter changes are now applied immediately;
- removed the "compare" function (right click);
- the "store" button now is only used as "copy" function;
- fixed the fine tune display value when keyboard tracking is off;
- fixed bug in LFO rate control;