Plughugger has announced the release of Aperture, a new collection of ambient sounds for u-he Diva. The sounds were inspired by early ambient productions by Aphex Twin from the 80s and 90s. The main design goal of the sounds was to combine analogue depth and warmth, with pitch imperfections, lush reverbs and organic modulation.
The majority of the sound are pads, soundscapes and soft melodic leads, oddly tuned bells, but also a handful of arpeggios, analog style effects and some mellow drums and percussion sounds.
The soundset is divided into two parts. The first part contains the main section of the sounds, designed using all synthesis options available in Diva. The second part is called "Fundamentals" and is a collection of sounds stripped back to their bare minimum with one or two oscillators and usually just one effect. This section is more basic and was designed to be more typical ambient bread and butter sounds. Plughugger also chose to make the sounds in the "Fundamentals" to be less CPU intensive.
Plughugger also recorded the drum and percussive sounds as audio files.
Aperture contains 178 new sounds all in all:
- Aperture Main Sounds (110 sounds):
- 3 Arpeggios.
- 7 Bass sounds.
- 12 Drum and percussion sounds.
- 12 Hits and effects.
- 31 Synth and lead sounds.
- 30 Pads and synth strings.
- 15 Textures and soundscapes.
- Aperture Fundamentals (50 sounds):
- 5 Arpeggios.
- 6 Drum and percussion sounds.
- 4 Hits and effects.
- 17 Synth and lead sounds.
- 11 Pads and synth strings.
- 7 Textures and soundscapes.
- Audio files (18 sounds):
- 18 Unprocessed drum sounds.
- All audio files are 24-bit/44 kHz mono.
- All sounds are properly tagged making finding sounds easy (both in Diva as well as in Native Instruments NKS format).
Intro price: 9.90 Euro / 50% off. Until the 13th of September you can buy Aperture for 9.90 Euro. Use coupon code RHUBARB to get the discount. Ordinary price is 19.90 Euro.