Shuriken has released KerrStinn, a slicer, glitcher and loop dissector. KerrStinn changes your loops randomly by moving slices of it around and/or applying effects to the slices according to rules that Shuriken call "generators". It is sort of an automatic controllable recallable loop slicer.
- Loads WAV files.
- "Random" knob to control what initial value the randomizing has.
- "Slices" knob to control how many slices you want to cut the loop in to.
- "Bisyness" parameter to control the weight of random to be applied; low values equals a small chance of change and larger values more.
- "Bars" parameter to set how many bars the loop originally is (up to 8).
- "Generator" parameter - these are rules on how to dissect your loops. Take "Freaky 4" for example, its rule is simply "if a slice is the 4th in a series perhaps play it backwards and/or apply the fftish effect on the slice".
- On/off switch.
KerrStinn is available as a VST instrument for Windows and Mac OS X and it is free.