Sound Magic has announced the release of Bluestone Piano v2.0 (it was known as Blue Grand3D during its v1.x lifetime).
BlueStone Piano has captured the highly resonant wooden body flavor of a vintage Steinway built in 1927 and also managed to represent its unique singing tone through Sympathetic Resonance and soundboard resonant. It is a very emotional piano with great dynamics.
Sound Magic's NEO Hybrid Modeling is a new way to offer the realistic sound of sampling and the playability of modeling. The NEO Hybrid Modeling Engine provides a small footprint, low latency and a true, rich sound.
The purpose of Artificial Intelligence Assistant Tool (A.I in short) is to free musicians from technicians' work and let us focus on our music, not continuous controller assignments or tweaking the velocity curves. A.I is a bridge which connects your musical feelings and ideas to the technical data. With A.I, musicians no longer need to be technicians. A.I will make achieving your ideal sound more musical. No need to remember arcane terminologies, finicky operation steps or the intricate specs of your keyboard.
Armed with HD Velocity Layers, BlueStone Piano has a truer and richer sound with a touch that's 500 times more sensitive than the usual limited 127 velocity layers. Pianists - even classically trained virtuosos - will be able to bring all the subtle nuances of live playing to an electronic setting.
BlueStone Piano supports Add-ons, You can choose over 10 different add-ons from an online store for different usages. Add-ons are like a Swiss army knife that will make BlueStone Piano fit for different situations or solve different problems. Add-ons add different special features to BlueStone Piano. They are all designed for a special purpose or a style of music.
Some features of BlueStone Piano:
- BlueStone Piano gives you absolute control over every aspect of a piano. You can adjust hammer actions, microphone positions, sympathetic resonances, dynamics and more. You can even design your own piano.
- HD Velocity Layer supports up to 65,536 Velocity Layers.
- Multi-microphone positions enable users to mix between different microphone positions and create new sounds that easily fit into a mix.
- Real Piano Legato makes the legato passage so real with a sustaining tone.
- Meticulous Dynamic Response controls enable users to adjust the dynamics of the piano, change the keyboard response, and achieve both realism and playability at the same time.
- The 264-string Sympathetic Resonance System adds beautiful harmonies to both pedal up and pedal down notes.
- BlueStone Piano is able to detect repeated notes and activate True Staccato Mode which precisely reproduces staccato notes.
- Built-in professional Reverb Engine simulates resonances with environment and soundboard, adding extra realism to the sound.
- Actual modeling and soft pedal samples vividly present the sound of three kinds of pedals.
- Faster load times. Smaller hard drive footprint, less memory and less CPU usage.
Pricing & Availability
BlueStone Piano costs €99 / $129 and is available in standalone and VST instrument plug-in formats for Windows XP/Vista/7.