IMS is a radically different approach to synthetic sound generation. It creates its distinctive sound by overlapping many short bursts of energy to form a complex sound.
The update to v2.8 is available for free for all RayBlaster users. It adds native Apple M1 ARM support for Mac.
- AudioUnit version supports M1 native.
- VSTi version supports M1 native.
- Help->'Show version info' displays the mode in which the plugin is running (ARM/Intel).
- Much faster loading times on M1 Macs.
- The native M1 support results in 20% lower CPU use compared to Rosetta2 Mode.
- More responsive GUI on M1 Macs.
- The ideal GUI size is detected automatically.
- Several small enhancements.
- Workaround for the 'unusual' designed audio architecture of FL Studio. It is not longer necessary to enable 'Use fixed size buffers' to avoid crackles.
- Clicking on the stars in the patch browser did not always work when GUI was set to big.
- Several small compatibility fixes for MacOS 11 and MacOS 12.
- Workaround for Apple's unreliable AudioUnit validation. It is not longer necessary to reboot the Mac after an installation.
- AudioUnit is now an AUv2 plugin.
- AudioUnit and VSTi are now a Universal Binary for 64-bit Intel and M1.
- Apple's development tools are unable to build 32-bit Intel binaries when you support M1.
- Apple's Notarisation and the M1 support requires a MacOS version higher or equal than 10.11. If you still use an older version you must stick with RayBlaster v2.6.