Tone2 Audio has updated their Harmonic-Content-Morphing synthesizer Gladiator to v3.5.4. The update is available for free for all Gladiator 2 and 3 users.
It includes a bigger GUI, many enhancements and native Apple M1 ARM support for Mac.
Download (free demo and update) from tone2.com
- Added a large GUI that is suitable for WQHD or 4K screens.
- You can select form 6 different sizes for the interfaces (small/ medium/ big, with/without editor).
- Added a VST3 version for Mac (M1 native and Intel).
- Added a standalone version for Mac (M1 native and Intel).
- Completely new AudioUnit interface (M1 native and Intel).
- VST version supports M1 native.
- The patch browser is available in 3 different sizes.
- The best size for the GUI is detected automatically.
- The lists display checkmarks for the currently selected items.
- Menu entries can be quickly selected with the mousewheel.
- All parameters are available for the DAW's automation now.
- HiDPI font support for the patch-browser.
- Help->'Show version info' displays the mode in which the plugin is running (ARM/Intel).
- The 3D effect of the GUI's knobs is more subtle.
- Changing the GUI size can now be done with a more comfortable list selector.
- The spectrum displays have more contrast.
- Much faster loading times on M1 Macs.
- The native M1 support results in 20% lower CPU use compared to Rosetta2 Mode.
- More responsive GUI on M1 Macs.
- Fine-tuned the coordinates of the knobs.
- Many small enhancements.
- Several small compatibility fixes for MacOS 11 and MacOS 12.
- Workaround for Apple's unreliable AudioUnit validation. It is not longer necessary to reboot the Mac after an installation.
- Workarounds for many DAWs which did not resize the VST3 plugin properly.
- Automation in the VST3 version did not work with parameters that were located behind the 10th slot.
- Workaround for a bug of Ableton and FL Studio which do not properly stick to the AudioUnit2 standard and did not display the AudioUnit.
- Workaround for a bug of Ableton which did not configure the Automation parameters of the VST3 version properly.
- Workaround for a bug of Reaper which did display automation parameters incorrectly.
- Fixes an issue that did cause bad GUI performance after a while.
- Fixed a possible crash.
- AudioUnit and VSTi are now a Universal Binary for 64-bit Intel and M1.
- Apple's development tools are unable to build 32-bit Intel binaries when you support M1. Sadly we had to drop support for it.
- Apple's Notarisation and the M1 support requires a MacOS version higher or equal than 10.11. If you still use an older version you must stick with Gladiator 3.0.