Tone2 has announced ElectraX, a new hybrid-synthesizer. It will be released in December 2010 for Windows and Mac OS X in VST and AU instrument plug-in formats with pricing to be announced.
ElectraX will allow you to explore the musical possibilities of multi-synthesis oscillators, analog modeled filters, chaotic fractals, samples, psychoacoustic processing, flexible modulation and an immense sonic range. Combine multiple polyphonic or monophonic synthesizers and 13 different synthesis methods to create incredible results. All this comes with an easy-to-use interface, high-end sound quality and low CPU usage for an instrument as feature-rich as ElectraX. The preset management provides instant access to a large library of sounds by professional designers.
At the heart of ElectraX are the multi-synthesis oscillators with up to 18 oscillators per voice. With ElectraX you combine classic synthesis types like Virtual Analog, FM, Phase Distortion, Ultrasaw, Sync, Waveshaping, Wavetables, AM, and completely new oscillator types. It also opens unheard acoustic possibilities with its exclusive Fractal synthesis, which can be used to mimic the behaviour of organisms or analog circuits.
Samples and Wavetables
You can use ElectraX's sample oscillator to import your own waves - a quick import option is available to create custom patches or vocoder sounds based on your own samples with a mouse click. ElectraX ships with a large selection of licensed wave content, including morphable analog and digital wave types. In addition to this you can automatically resynthesize your own waveforms from samples or import custom wavetables.
Each synth's filter section consists of two multi-mode filters with 23 unique filter types and multi-mode distortion.
ElectraX comes with analog modeled filters, high precision digital filters, vocal filters, comb filters, phasers, equalizers and other exotic types. The warm-sounding filters are able to self oscillate and deliver a wide range of timbres due to the variable degree of analog behavior. A dual distortion unit offers six different modes. It can produce tube sound, known from analog pre-amp boxes, model a fuzzbox or do waveshaping.
ElectraX's master and insert effects sections include 18 high-quality effect processors, built and fine-tuned specifically to compliment the synth's sound such as: High-end Reverb, Multitap Delay, Vocoder, Chorus, Ensemble, Phaser, Flanger, Rotary, Surround encoder, Trancegate, etc.
ElectraX's modulation makes use of punchy, analog sounding envelopes. Its high quality LFOs are syncable to BPM and can modulate up to the audible range. You can create rhythmic sequences or custom wave shapes with the step LFO. The flexible Modulation Matrix is easy-to-use and provides a good and instant overview of the active modulations. With the built-in 'MIDI-learn' feature it is possible to assign controllers with a single click.
One preset setup can handle up to four full-featured synthesizers with four independent arpeggiators and step sequencers. The arpeggiator supports autochord, swing, glide and keyboard splitting. This allows you to create impressive sequences with several instruments playing at the same time, providing a creative and hands-on experience for a life performance.
- Four synthesizers in one interface.
- High-end sound quality.
- Huge sonic range.
- High flexibility.
- 13 different synthesis methods which can be combined.
- Psychoacoustic processing.
- Low CPU, multicore processor support.
- Easy to use.
- 4x multi-timbral.
- Presets by professional sound designers.
- 23 exclusive analog modeled filter types.
- 45 oscillator types.
- 18 effect types; Master effect section with Equalizer.
- More than 1000 waveforms.
- 64x4 voices.
- MIDI learn.
- Customizable user interface with 4 skins.
- Standalone version for PC.
- Flexible preset management.
- Context sensitive help.
Features per synthesizer (4 synthesizers available):
- Several play modes: Monophonic, legato, polyphonic, glide.
- 3 multi-synthesis oscillators.
- Dual multimode filters.
- Dual multimode distortion/waveshaper.
- 3 LFOs (global or per voice) and a Step LFO, BPM syncable.
- Four Envelope generators.
- Insert effect, BPM syncable.
- Flexible modulation.
- Key splitting.
Synthesis methods & OSC features:
- Virtual analog.
- Sample playback and import of own samples with loop/sustain loop support.
- Wavetables with resynthesis function and the ability to load own waveforms.
- Ultrasaw (up to 18 detuned oscillators per voice).
- Fractal (a completely new synthesis method).
- Phase distortion.
- Exclusive oscillator types.
- Analog oscillator drift modelling.
- Fat tuning.
18 warm sounding effect types:
- Reverbs: Hall, Cathedral, Room.
- Delays: Delay, Delay band, Ping Pong, Multitap.
- Chorus, Ensemble, Phaser, Flanger, Rotary.
- Trancegate, Compressor, Amp sim, Equalizer, Surround Encode.
23 exclusive filter types:
- 9 analog modeled filters with self oscillation: Lowpass/Highpass/Bandpass 12dB/18dB/24dB.
- High precision digital filters: Lowpass, Highpass, Bandpass, Notch.
- Equalizers: LowShelf, HighShelf, Peak, Wide.
- Special types: Phaser, Comb+, Comb-, Vocals, Aliaser, Ringmod.