Toontrack has released Basic Jazz MIDI, a package of traditional jazz and swing drum MIDI comping variations. This marks the forty-fifth title in the company's growing assortment of drum MIDI for EZdrummer 2 and Superior Drummer 2.
Basic Jazz MIDI comes with eight and 16 bar variations of fundamental swing comping patterns in 3/4 and 4/4 time, all categorized by increasing intensity and complexity. It was performed by Toontrack's Norman Garschke, a traditionally trained drummer with a masters degree in jazz performance from the Conservatories of Hilversum and Amsterdam. With tempos varying from 90 to 200 BPM, it's designed have all the drums a user needs for anything from medium walking ballads, slow medium standards to medium uptempo arrangements.
- More than 400 individually played drum comping variations.
- Performed by Norman Garschke.
- 3/4 and 4/4 swing patterns in 8 & 16 bar sections.
- Ride cymbal variations, snare drum/bass drum comping ideas.
- 4/4 walking-time and "playing in two".