Venomode has released Complexer 2, a multi-stage dynamics processor plugin.
Complexer 2 features three independently controlled dynamics processors, each with a choice of six different modes: Upward and downward compressors, upward and downward expanders, a limiter, and a gate.
Each of the three stages can be processed in a variety of different configurations, including parallel chaining, stereo and mid/side, and multiband.
Each of the processors feature a vast amount of control. Along with the familiar attack, hold and release, each processor has an advanced lookahead section to capture peaks ahead of time.
There are also three detection modes: peak, RMS and average. Peak is ideal for limiting, and RMS allows smooth detection - great for compression.
Each processor can also be controlled via an external sidechain.
Changes from Version 1:
- There are now three dynamics modules instead of two.
- There are six different types of dynamics processors, rather than just compression.
- Modules can be arranged in serial/parallel, mid/side, stereo, or multiband, rather than just serial/parallel.
- The detection envelopes now feature lookahead and hold, and feature digital and analog modes with an adjustable RMS window.
- Modules can now be modulated via an external sidechain.
Price: £39. The update is free for existing Complexer users.