VertexDSP has released MultiInspector, a 31-band spectral analyzer designed to be used in a multitrack environment and provides an easy way for simultaneous spectral analysis of several audio signals.
The first instance of MultiInspector behaves like a standard 31 band spectral analyzer. Additional instances automatically send their spectral analysis result to all other instances of MultiInspector. By default, every editor window of MultiInspector shows the same content, but there are numerous options for customizing the display content so that different views of the audio signals can be achieved. After opening all necessary plug-in instances it is sufficient to leave just the editor windows open you really need. The width of the level bars is adjusted according to the current number of signals that are selected for display.
MultiInspector incorporates a standard third octave frequency analyzer. The centre frequencies of the bands are based on the ISO 266:1997 standard (20 Hz to 20 kHz). Pink noise will appear flat in the frequency spectrum with the default slope setting of 3 dB per octave.
MultiInspector supports up to 16 instances at any sample rate from 32 kHz up to 192 kHz.
- 31 band third octave frequency analyzer showing the spectral analysis of other plug-in instances in the same window.
- Independent editor windows for different views of the same content.
- Level bar width automatically adapts to the number of signals currently viewed.
- Adjustable attack and release time for smooth level bar display.
- Adjustable slope with a default of 3 dB per octave for flat display of pink noise.
- Peak option and peak hold mode.
- Average mode.
- Solo/mute for signal selection.
- 8 memory slots per signal in every editor window (8 x 16 memory slots per window).
- Up to 16 instances.
- VST 2.4 compatible.
- Sample rates from 32 kHz up to 192 kHz.
MultiInspector is available as a plug-in for Windows (VST) and Mac OS X Universal Binary (VST and AU).
Until 31-May-2007, MultiInspector can be purchased for an introductory price of €49. After that, MultiInspector will be available for the regular price of €59.