Taking the idea behind the ALM 5.1 plugin a step further, we developed a standalone application, with extended features, that offers more control and power, allowing you to use it in more complex situations: the ALMx 5.1 (stands for Audio Loudness and True Peak Meter with extended features).
ALMx 5.1 offers you full Loudness and True Peak Metering for Mono, Stereo and 5.1 channel formats featuring measurements for Momentary, Short Term and Integrated Loudness, with Loudness Range and Max True Peak Level. Additionally, the application can offer you a general or a more detailed overview of your measured material, any time you want. The information is saved in a .xml file.
- Standalone Loudness and True Peak Metering for Windows and Mac.
- Channel Formats: mono, stereo and 5.1.
- Full compliance with Loudness standards : BS-1770 (rev.3), EBU R128 and ATSC A/85 specifications.
- Complete loudness measurements using universal descriptors: Integrated Loudness (ILk), Momentary Loudness(MLk), Short Time Loudness(SLk), Loudness Range(LRA).
- Real-time metering for Momentary Loudness, Short Term Loudness and Loudness Range;
- True Peak Level Metering with peak hold.
- Max True Peak Level (calculated using inter-sample peaks that can be missed in quantization).
- Accurate measurements for all the usual sample rates: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz and multiples.
- Low CPU usage due application optimization.
- Logging files in XML format.
- Variable colors for loudness descriptors, according to the comfort zone.
- Variable threshold for True Peak.
- Variable threshold for Short Term Loudness.
- iPad application available for remote monitoring.