OSX: VST 32-bit & 64-bit / AU 32-bit & 64-bit
Win: VST 32-bit & 64-bit.
In a nutshell
With its natural and musical sound, Amber is a pure class A music equalizer, designed to deliver sonic excellence. Today it can be ranked as the most powerful, low-noise parametric Eq available in the digital domain.
• Low-noise parametric equalizer that combines the best of active and passive filter topologies with sonic excellence
• Perfect solution for mastering and mixing studios
• Two buss music-program equalization, instrument or effect FX applications and ultra-high performance
• Balanced and 100% discrete design
• Pure Class A signal amplifiers
• Minimum signal path
• No transformers in audio path
• Low THD and IMD distortion
• Large headroom
• Sonic character and natural harmonic
• High-speed transient detail.
Despite the digital revolution in the professional audio industry, many of today's top albums are still mixed with analog outboard gear. Many people feel that mixing in the analog domain imparts an elusive quality, a greater sense of weight, space, dynamics with a more "three-dimensional" image.
The sound of analog devices is exponentially complex. The initial signal is changed in many, often very subtle ways, distortion characteristics, frequency response deviations, and nonlinear saturation, just to name a few. Vectorial Volterra Kernel technology from Acustica Audio captures these nonlinear characteristics inherent in the original hardware through a different signal modeling approach.
The sampling process has been performed by Acustica Audio. The unit was sampled with mastering quality converters, using a method which takes considerably more time than the normal sampling standard. This method is of benefit to the entire audio spectrum. Four sample rates are provided with Amber Eq; the native sample frequency was 96 kHz. The 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz and 88.2 kHz frequencies were derived from the native one by a downsampling and upsampling process. This method avoids any negative sample rate conversion (SRC) artifacts when matching project different sample rates and also helps in project loading times.