No Longer Available
|Type / Tags|
Arracis Gold is an "Oscillator Stepping Synthesizer". Its most significant feature is the 4 x 8 osc step-sequencer with adjustable gate-length + modulation on gate-length. With this step-sequencer you can have a quite rhythmical output incl. short blips (stepping among the oscillators in selectable sequence) plus mixing to the normal (steady) output signal for vivid Pad or Atmos. In addition the 2 filters provide further means for tweaking. Finally at the output section there is Spook fx and two delays in series incl. pan modulation for delay and direct out for spatial movement.
Main features (Pro version):
- 4 PCM wave oscillators with 384 waves in 3 banks with mixable output in groups of 2 (User wave & SF2 files can be loaded too into each osc slot).
- 4 x 8 osc step-sequencer with various settings incl. gate-length, hard/soft knob, etc.
- Mixable output of stepped and normal (steady) osc signals incl. modulation.
- 1 24 dB resonant LP filter with ADSR EG and Modulation.
- 1 12 dB resonant HP filter with ADSR EG and Modulation.
- Filter bypass + modulation.
- 1 Bass Enhance.
- 1 Spook Fx.
- 2 Delays in series.
- 3 Pan (direct, delay 1 and delay 2) incl. modulation.
- 6 LFO + 1 S&H as mod sources.
- 6 Lazy Buttons (use 'All' for limitless patch switching).
- 10 voices.
- Key Velocity on Amp, LP & HP Cut, and Filter bypass.
A free version is also available: it is limited to 128 waves per oscillator, three voices, sf2 and wave load for osc 1 & 2.
Reviewed By HiEnergy
October 27, 2009
Most modulation targets allow selection between two synced LFOs, two unsynced special wave LFOs, two slow LFOs and an S/H modulator source.
The user interface is beatuiful. Except for some parameter assignments where I wondered which dial belongs to which parameter first, it nicely fits the instrument
Arracis Gold Pro is well suited for eerie sound scapes, beautiful undulating pads, melodic sequence and arpeggio lines and rhythmic textures.
The wealth of parameters with sensibly tuned value ranges and its vivid sound shaping possibilities make Arracis Gold a nice instrument for live performance. Just feed it a single note or a simple melody and tweak the parameters for minutes and hours.
Arracis Gold comes with a huge selection of beautiful and expressive factory patches and lots of very detailed and varied waves.
UI: 8/10 (a bit of confusion is possible, otherwise really nice and clear design)
Sound: 9/10 (lots of interesting and surprisingly complex sounds possible)
Features: 9/10 (good selection of features with a limited number of building blocks)
Documentation: 8/10 (comes with a PDF document which explains every control element and what it does.
Presets: 9/10 (lots of expressive sounds and a broad spectrum of integrated waves)
Support: 10/10 (the author of Arracis Gold is very responsive. I reported an issue, a day later it was fixed)
VfM: 10/10 (This plug-in is more than worth the asked price [free / EUR 25,-)
Stability: 9/10 (rarely slightly unexpected sound possible otherwise rock solid for me, does what it's supposed to)
I really like Arracis Gold.Read more