AudioMulch is an interactive musician's environment for Windows and Mac OS X (Intel processors only). It is used for live electronic music performance and composition. Other uses include mash-up performance, experimental music, sound design, music education and industry research.
AudioMulch is designed for live performance and improvisation. You can process live audio sources, control every knob and slider on the user interface using a MIDI controller, and rapidly reconfigure your patch live via an easy to use, intuitive drag-and-drop interface.
Music is created by patching together a range of sound producing and processing modules - including unique sound mangling contraptions, beat-based modules and VST effects and instrument plug-ins. Unlike some modular environments, AudioMulch's modules perform high-level musical functions so you don't have to create things from scratch using individual oscillators and filters. Other points of difference include its parameter automation timeline, ability to synchronise many effects to the global beat and the Metasurface, a unique effects morphing interface.
AudioMulch features include:
- Sound mangling and audio processing modules including granulators, shifters & shapers, delays and filters.
- Beat-based modules, including a drum machine and an arpeggiator.
- Multitrack live looping functionality.
- VST effect and instrument plug-in support.
- A parameter automation timeline.
- Powerful MIDI control mapping and MIDI routing.
- The unique Metasurface effects morphing interface.
- 256 channels of real-time audio I/O, multichannel file recording and playback.
- MIDI & network sync with other software and hardware.
- Playback and recording support for WAV an AIFF files up to 32-bit/192k.
- ASIO and CoreAudio driver support for low latency audio.