Aztec Death Whistle is a deeply sampled folk wind instrument that captures the dark soul of the ancient Aztec death whistle, a ceremonial clay resonator used during human sacrifice rituals and warfare at the height of the Aztec (historically also known as the Mexica) empire in Central America, during the 14 and 15th centuries AD in what has now become modern day Mexico.
This whistle — technically grouped into the same family of whistles as bird and animal call whistles — is made of kiln-fired clay. It has two chambers which create air cavities that are resonated by blowing into the top of the skull. It produces a harsh, raspy atonal vocal sound very much like a dying breath, but with a shrill demonic essence that is certain to evoke dread on an almost instinctive level. It is the sound of death incarnate.
The library comes equipped with flexible control features, like attack, release, transient offset, dynamic swelling, octave, vibrato and a robust Arpeggiator system that provides a full range of custom dynamic arpeggiation modes and step sequencer pattern creation options. There's also a complete DSP effects rack, including convolution reverb with dozens of unique spaces, such as cathedrals, churches, halls, bunkers, garages, tunnels, chambers, rooms and plenty of special FX impulses to fully explore and endless variety of strange and unexpected sonic manipulations. All of the samples are also uncompressed PSC stereo wavs, so you can manipulate them directly and import them into any wav-compatible audio software you wish:
- Fully multi-sampled Aztec clay resonator whistle.
- 14 Instrument Presets with dozens of selectable articulations and performance controls.
- Beautifully rendered 3D user interface.
- Special Midi-CC and Velocity-crossfaded presets.
- Custom sound-designed FX and ambient presets in a variety of categories and styles.
- Sustains and staccatos with and without flutter-tongue rolls.
- 3 Mic positions for main articulations: Dry Studio, Hall Close and Hall Far.
- Dynamic hand percussion articulations, played on the clay whistle.
- Short and long single-shot effects and stingers.
- Round robin for every staccato and hand percussion articulation.
- Multi-mode Arpeggiation with step-sequencer.
- Convolution Reverb with 70 different cathedrals, churches, chambers, rooms, halls and special effect impulses.
- A full multi-effects rack, with EQ, filter, phaser, flanger, delay, distortion, amp & speaker simulation and more.
- 1.4 GB Installed.
- 723 Samples.
- 14 Kontakt 5.5 .nki preset banks.
- 24-bit / 48kHz uncompressed stereo PCM wav audio.
- Unlocked Kontakt presets and wav samples to allow user customization.
- Bonus Pads, Soundscapes and Atmospheres.
- Convolution reverb with a variety of different room, hall and special effect acoustic environments.
- PDF User Manual
- Visit the product page