B4 Controller is a VST MIDI processor that you can put in your host between the MIDI input and the Native Instruments B4 II (or the B4 previous version) VSTi. It transforms the Control Change messages or the NoteOn messages from your MIDI keyboard, allowing:
- The use of the "bank rotary switch" for choosing one of the B4's ten presets banks.
- The use of one octave of your MIDI keyboard for selecting the upper (or also the lower) manual "inverted keys" and selecting one of the twelve presets of each bank.
- The use of the sliders/knobs of your MIDI keyboard for moving not only the upper manual drawbars, but also the lower manual and the pedalboard drawbars.
- Reserving the bottom two octaves of your 5 octaves MIDI keyboard for playing the B4's pedalboard and the other three octaves for playing the lower manual.
- Using the "pedals octaves" of your keyboard to play in unison the B4's pedals and lower manual, as many great jazz organists do. Moreover you can choose to make the pedals sound "staccato" (like an upright bass).
- Saving and loading different settings (programs).