|Type / Tags||Bass GuitarKontakt Instrument|
Bad Bassist is a deep sampled sound library of an Ibanez SRX305 bass guitar through a Powerstate PBT100+BB15 combo, using "fingered" playing technique. This is NOT one of the usual bass guitar sample libraries, it has some unusual and different extra features.
The SRX305 has a nice tone, good for backing, adds deep and rich bass sound to your music. If you use it as a normal bass guitar library, then it sounds as a normal bass guitar library. It doesn't contain much features, there are no various playing techniques inside, just a simple and easy to use bass guitar instrument.
Switch it to Bad Bassist mode and experience a totally different way of playing the bass: unique sound with bad and randomly played notes. Your music won't be the same twice.
- E2-E4, sustained/muted.
- C2-C#2, slaps/mutes.
- E1-A1, down-slides.
- C1, string noises.
- 4 round robin in normal mode.
- 6 round robin in Bad Bassist mode.
- Kontakt 4.2+ (full version) required.
- 90 MB (using Kontakt's lossless compressed format).
Tips & tricks:
- Use the Random knob (or mod wheel) to enable random bad notes during playing. Tweak it for more or less bad notes.
- Noise randomize knob is good for adding extra string noises.
- Noise volume knob controls the loudness of additional string noises.
- Muted notes volume knob sets the loudness of muted notes (Note Off events).