Overall: 10623 7490 9455 500
30-Day: 11183; 7-Day: 13736; Yesterday: 18795
Baervaag is an easy to use, but still powerful and tweakable, FM synthesizer. During development, focus has been on creating a playable and expressive instrument with an intuitive interface. In addition to the FM synthesis there's a LP filter, a "wobbler" (for that analogue touch) and a stereo chorus under the hood.
• 77 handcrafted presets created by professional musicians.
• FM Feedback, Filter, ADSR Attack and Volume can be modulated by velocity.
• Oscillators can seamlessly be shaped between sine, square and PWM.
• One ADSR for each oscillator.
• Built-in tempo synchronised ping-poing delay.
• Controllable wobble factor that adds analogue unpredictability.
• UI updated.
• Added a tempo synchronized ping-pong delay.
If you like the FM sound but get overwhelmed tweaking many carriers and modulators, you will enjoy exploring the pure tone of this one carrier/one modulator synth with many quite clever controls:
The CARRIER has an XY pad with PWM x sine-square wave shape; an envelope with an attack modulated by velocity; and feedback to control how much the Carrier is modulated by the Modulator, and optionally by MIDI velocity.
The MODULATOR has the same XY pad but you can multiply the frequency value of the note played from 0.5 to 4x, and you can set the ADSR so each value can be higher or lower relative to the CARRIER.
EFFECTS include a pitch/amplitude wobble with control on frequency and depth; a LP resonating filter based on the Carrier or MIDI velocity; a delay with BPM and note length, feedback, HP/LP and dry/wet mix; and a chorus. Full featured demo available, $25 but can be bundled and goes on sale.
This synth has been around for several years, so there are good youtube tuts by various folk.Read Review