|Product||Big Sky Reverb|
|Type / Tags||Multidimensional Reverb|
|This is a Hardware product|
|I/O||¼” Expression Pedal¼” Hi–Z In¼” Line In¼” Line OutMIDI InMIDI Out|
Plug into BigSky and instantly lift your sound into the stratosphere. The world below you fades into the distance, and you're elevated into a glow of lush, glorious, radiant reverbs.
To create a reverb experience as natural, beautiful, and immersive as BigSky required tremendous feats of sound engineering and artistic imagination. Using the fundamentals of acoustical science as their beacon, Strymon carefully studied and scientifically analyzed reverb technology from the past fifty years to faithfully capture the essence of these classic sounds, and forged ahead to dream up their own vision of reverbs from the future.
Go where no reverb has gone before.
Feel the mechanical tension of the Spring reverbs. Hear the floating particles of the Cloud machine. Defy the laws of physics with the Nonlinear reverbs. Unleash the multi-head reverberations of the Magneto machine.
12 Unique Reverb Machines
BigSky gives you twelve studio-class, musically inspirational reverb machines:
Diffused reflections and slower-building density are the hallmarks of this beautiful and versatile reverb. The Concert size is well-balanced, spacious and warm, while the Arena size is huge, enveloping and booming.
Sound Design Features:
- Hand crafted, studio-class reverb algorithms deliver lush, gorgeous, and musically inspiring reverb experiences.
- Twelve reverb machines to choose from: Room, Hall, Plate, Spring, Swell, Bloom, Cloud, Chorale, Shimmer, Magneto, Nonlinear, Reflections.
- Seven front-panel tone shaping knobs: Decay, Pre-Delay, Mix, Tone, Mod, Param 1, Param 2 (Param knobs assignable per preset).
- Additional menu parameters allow for easy customization of reverb sounds.
- 300 easily accessible and namable presets.
- Press-and-hold Infinite Sustain and Freeze functions, saveable per preset.
- Spillover and Reverb Persist modes, saveable per preset.
- Selectable Speaker Cabinet emulation for direct-to-PA gigs or recording applications.
- +/- 3dB Boost/Cut, saveable per preset.
- Three rugged metal footswitches for preset selection and effect bypass.
- LED display for preset info, reverb decay time, and extended parameter control.
- Multi-color preset LEDs (green for active preset, amber for edited preset).
- Full MIDI implementation allows extended control for those with more complex rigs.
- Sturdy and lightweight light blue anodized aluminum chassis, with laser-etched artwork.
- Durable black anodized aluminum knobs.
- Studio-grade audio input and output jacks.
True Bypass (electromechanical relay switching).
High quality, tranparent Analog Buffered Bypass mode.
Optional Kill Dry mode mutes dry signal, for use in parallel effects loops.
Dimensions: 6.75" (171mm) wide, 5.1" (130mm) deep.
Designed and Built in the USA.
- Analog dry path for a zero latency dry signal that is never converted to digital.
- Premium analog front end and output section.
- Ultra low noise, high performance 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters.
- 115dB typical signal to noise at 50% wet mix (120db at 100% dry mix, 109dB at 100% wet mix).
- 20Hz to 20kHz frequency response.
- +8dBu maximum input level easily handles instrument and line signals.
BigSky is intended to empower your creativity without getting in the way of it.