Our virtual performer takes a unique new look at how to make virtual instruments. Instead of making another standard virtual violin, we have decided to sample the performer and their play styles. Due to the extensive amount of samples required for realism, we had to develop a virtual performer to handle the articulations, abundant amount of legatos and bow selection for you as you play. This allows you to concentrate on playing and being inspired in a similar fashion as you would working with a real violinist. Our Virtual Performer has just been expanded with Expansion 2, delivering more varied types of performance, many new legato types, additional Moods selection (Improv, Czardas, Emotive, Sprightly and Concertino) allowing you to change the behaviour of the violinist on the fly and our newest advancement "Maestro" the very first Performer Poly-Legato! All you need is a velocity sensitive keyboard, a computer that fits minimum specs and a melody in mind.
Bow Styles, Legatos, Moods and Forced Behaviours
To make sure that the violin doesn't sound static and fall to the common traps of other virtual instruments, we set off sampling a varied amount of bowing, extensive selection of legato types and bow styles, to offer enough variety and option to the users. The expanded version with an unprecedented sample pool of almost 56,000 on a single microphone position, resulted in variety so complex that we had to come up with something new again. The answer was Moods - changing complex behaviour on the fly with a single key-switch. For every note we have sampled hundreds of interval, dynamic and speed based samples, resulting in breath taking emotion packed performance that stays in true musical phrase from the first note until the last. Our Legato is always captured in phrase and in musical context, making each legato type a true sample of a real performance. Each of our articulations or moods can also be forced upon the performer using an assignable force key giving you the ultimate control over the performer should you choose to adjust his behavior.
- 9.2GB Installed, 90+GB Original uncompressed content.
- 55,000+ Samples recorded @96kHz 24-bit sample rate in pristine mid-stereo.
- Arcs, Mid Arcs, Sustains, Diminuendos, Marcatos, Staccatos, Spiccatos and Pizzicatos.
- 3 Deep Sampled Dynamics for Sustains with 2+ Round Robins per bow, pianissimo, mezzo-forte & fortissimo. (pp-mf-ff).
- 2 transition (crescendo) dynamic layers with 2 round robin repetitions per bow on each arc type.
- 3 Dynamic Layers of Diminuendos at 6+ seconds length for Beautiful end notes.
- Unprecedented in phrase legatos in varied speeds in many dynamics including true bow directions, Slurred on bow, Fingered on bow, Fingered Bow Changed, Slurred Bow Changed, Portamento, Runs, Tremolo and deeply sampled Rebow action. All legatos are captured as part of a performance, making them incredibly rich in emotion and true to phrase.
- Forceable non vibrato in 3 dynamics with true re-bow samples.
- Virtual Performer Enables incredibly easy live play, Auto selecting the bow types, legatos and bow positions based on your play style.
For Demos and to purchase your copy please visit www.virharmonic.com