|Type / Tags||Synth (Hybrid)Phase Modulation SynthSynth (Phase Distortion)|
Cadmium is a vector phase-shaping synthesizer.
Vector phase-shaping (VPS) is an evolution of phase distortion, taken further in Cadmium with audio-rate modulation. This opens up a sound palette characterised by moving, morphing, shifting timbres – from snarling jungle bass to classic FM tones and everything inbetween.
It has the accoutrements of a subtractive synth: a modelled filter, envelopes and LFOs for modulation, but with a fresh approach where it counts – the oscillators.
Cadmium is available for Windows, MacOS, and Linux.
A rough list of the features is:
- Two VPS modulator oscillators.
- Three VPS carrier oscillators with independent shaping and stereo controls.
- Analog-modelled multimode filter.
- Per-voice and global distortion.
- Audio-rate modulation.
- Three envelopes.
- Three LFOs (frequency range from 0.01hz to 6000hz, with optional note sync).
- Clickless automation (including parameters like filter type or note logic mode).
- No DRM.
- Sounds really cool!