|Type / Tags||Channel StripChannel StripCompressorDynamic EQEQPreamp|
Windows 7 - Windows 10
OS X 10.8 - OS X 10.12
|Copy Protection||Online Activation (Challenge / Response)|
Through Stefano Dall'Ora from SoundDrops, who is an invaluable collaborator of Acustica Audio; Acustica team came in contact with Luca Martegani, also known as Xelius. Luca is a designer and manufacturer of an amazing suite of hand-built audio hardware, characterised by great sound, quality, and great value.
Derived from classic Pultec design with some added additional custom features, such as frequencies separation in bass, so you can cut a frequency independently from boost; Then a high band boost section with an extremely personal sound, because it's built only with inductance, instead of capacitors. Obviously our emulation has preserved all these sound features and we are very proud of the result.
• Low Cut: 30 Hz to 250 Hz. Gain from 0 dB to -10 dB. Shelving plus low cut filter.
• Low Boost: 30 Hz to 200 Hz. Gain from 0 dB to +10 dB. Shelving.
• Hi Boost: 2 kHz to 20 kHz. Gain from 0 dB to +10 dB. Shelving.
• Presence: 680 Hz to 7500 Hz. Gain from 0 dB to +10 dB. Peak with Q variable.
• Hi Cut: 3 kHz to 22 kHz. Gain from 0 dB to -10 dB. Shelving plus high cut filter.
It's an extremely versatile tube compressor. Thanks to Acustica Audio technology, we have been able to faithfully reproduce the original device. CORE X contributed to create a masterpiece able to reproduce the hardware behaviour.
• Threshold: from -30 dB to +0 dB.
• Attack: from 20 ms (fast) to 50 ms (slow).
• Attack Envelope Shape Modulation (SHMod): from 0 to 4.
• Release: from 0.1 sec. (fast) to 1 sec. (slow).
• Input level: from -25 dB to +25 dB.
• Output level: from 0 dB to +25 dB.
• Others: L-R control link, external side-chain, dry/wet, and preamp.
Cobalt Pre includes 5 different tube preamps to add warmth and colour. They precisely emulate: phase, frequency response, and harmonic distortion of their corresponding circuits.
• Mic 1.
• Mic 2.
• Mic Stereo.
Cobalt Channel Strip and Dynamic EQ:
The real novelty of this suite is our Cobalt Dyn EQ, a dynamic equaliser. Just like in audio productions, our idea was created as a sort of "remix" of Cobalt EQ and Cobalt Compressor. The result of this is an incredible Dynamic EQ, first of its kind, based on sampling.
• Online challenge-response authorization system allowing two computers activation per each license.
• Trial version work four weeks, trial license allow two computers activation per each license.
• Support operation systems: OS X and Windows.
• Supported plug-in formats: VST2, AAX, and AU.
• Supported architectures: 32 and 64-bits.
Price and availability:
• Cobalt commercial version: €179. Available as a digital download immediately after payment.
• Cobalt trial version: free 4 week test license. Available as a digital download immediately after €0.00 payment.
About Acqua Effect plug-ins:
An Acqua plug-in is a stand-alone skinned Nebula library, in other words it is a software product developed as a parametrization of one or more Nebula's instances. Parametrization is achieved using the script languages proprietary to Acustica Audio and does not require external tools and compilers.
About Acustica Audio:
Acustica Audio is a company that is active in the field of information technology and audio engineering. The company's goal is to provide the most authentic reproduction of sampled vintage gear and other high-end hardware devices. Over the years it has become well known for audio plug-ins, by manufacturing its own software products and marketing them both in Italy and worldwide. Acustica technology is based on a software engine of DSP (Digital Signal Processing) developed by Acustica Audio that emulates other DSPs, by modelling them through a proprietary sampling technique. Unlike the audio sampler, which is an electronic musical instrument able to capture and reproduce audio samples, Acustica technology can sample and emulate the behaviour of an audio processor, by reproducing its harmonic response, harmonic distortion and dynamic response as time and other external variables (like user controls) change.