|Type / Tags|
Construct is a drum machine with a sound design workflow based on layering, using both drum synthesis as well as sampled sounds for creating the various elements that build up a drum.
Construct uses three layers for each drum module:
Transient: The Transient is the initial attack layer which provides a very short burst of sound that accentuates the drum by making it stand out in the mix. The Transient can function as a layered sound, or it can utilize FM synthesis in a specific way that modulates the start of the 2nd Oscillator layer. This function creates a clean 'clicking' sound that works well in most modern electronic music. This layer provides several WAV sounds to choose from including many interesting percussive elements sourced from Les Productions Zvon's excellent Prepared Rhodes collection.
Oscillator: This layer is the central framework of the drum sound. It is entirely based on drum synthesis using pure sine waves, FM synthesis, noise oscillators, etc. It can be thought of a a mini, dual-oscillator synth designed for creating both bass sounds for kicks and toms, as well as pulse and noise driven metalic sounds for hihats and cymbals.
Ambiance: This is the backdrop of the drum sound. It's made up of several built-in WAV sounds that range from reverbs to tape noise. This third layer can bring depth to the drum while also adding a bit of character.
Construct also has three customizable LFOs and several velocity options that can be used to give your drums movement and even create some interesting modulation effects. This along with individual Compressors, Soft Clippers and 3-Band EQs for each drum, as well as a Universal Stereo Dub Delay for use as a send effect, make Construct a versatile, compact drum machine that offers a wide range of possibilities.
- 8 Drum Modules.
- Multiple layers for each module: Transient, Oscillator and Ambiance.
- High quality built-in sounds for the Transient and Ambiance layers.
- Randomize/Initialize switches for each layer.
- 3 LFOs per module.
- Multiple Velocity options.
- EQ/Compressor section for each Drum Module.
- Drum Mixer for quick Volume, Pan and Send adjustments.
- Mute/Solo for each drum channel.
- Multiple Output routings per channel.
- Dub Delay Unit for use with fx sends.
- Alternate pitch ranges on each octave with universal Octave switch.
- Universal Numerical Display for quick and accurate editing for most parameters.
- Double Click Parameter Reset for all knobs.
- 32 drum kit presets that can be accessed from the GUI panel.