Corrosion is a multi-purpose, multi-algorithm distortion processor. It features 9 distortion curves – from well-known classics to unique Sinevibes-developed "triangle clip" and "sine shred" – all of which are 4x oversampled for a bright but clean sound. Corrosion also includes a pre-distortion filter for shaping the effect's tone, plus a crossover filter that allows to distort only the low frequency band while keeping the high band untouched - making this seemingly simple effect very versatile.
As always in a Sinevibes product, Corrosion includes a color-coded user interface with a clean and simple layout. It has good contrast and highly legible typography that work well in both studio and outdoor lighting. Plus, thanks to its animated elements, Corrosion always brings a touch of fun and enjoyment to your workflow.
- 9 distortion algorithms: exponential, soft clip, hard clip, triangle clip, triangle foldback, single foldback, multi foldback, sine foldback, sine shred.
- 4x oversampling with polyphase sinc filter for aliasing suppression.
- Two-band -24 dB/octave Linkwitz-Riley crossover filter.
- Pre-distortion -12 dB/octave Butterworth low-pass or high-pass filter.
- Soft bypass switch with 20 ms crossfade between states.
- Color-coded control elements with animated transitions between settings.
- Fully hardware-accelerated rendering with support for Retina screen resolution.
- Works with any application that supports Audio Unit effect plugins.
- Supports OS X 10.6 or later running on 32 or 64-bit Intel Macs.