DaD Tape simulates the sound of analog tapes for digital audio systems and features physical modeling of the four most representative tape recorders on the market.
- Real analog tape sound, with its classic warmth, within the digital domain, and with characteristics and control impossible to achieve in conventional tape recorders.
- Modelling of the four most representative tape recorders on the market: an old vintage machine with valve circuitry, a transistor based machine of the late 60's, an operational-amplifier-based machine of the 70's and a machine of the latest generation.
- Simulation of the three most common noise reduction systems, plus a proprietary noiseless-tape mode.
- Switchable tape speed (7 1/2 ips - 15 ips - 30 ips) allows maximum control and even permits unusual combinations of tape recorders and speeds.
- User adjustable operating level.
- Independent input and output sliders and meters.
- Easy and intuitive user interface.
- It rounds off peak transients and adds warmth to electronic and acoustic instruments, either individually or by sections or sub-mixes.
- Especially suitable for percussive sounds.
- Mastering of complete mixes.
- Typical applications include music, film soundtracks, audio post-production, mastering, broadcast and multimedia.