|Developer||Dance MIDI Samples|
|Type / Tags||SynthesiserRomplerSubtractive SynthWavetable Synth|
Windows 7 or higher. 8 GB RAM.
OS X 10.9.5 or higher. 8 GB RAM.
|Copy Protection||Key File|
DMS Ascension is a PC & Mac compatible 64-bit workstation synth. Reviewed 8/10 in Computer Music Magazine (issue CM259). Download the demo version here.
With 4 powerful, FM enabled oscillators you can choose any mixture of subtractive, wavetable synthesis and a huge 10.5 GB ROM sound library.
The synth also includes a multi-FX unit with 'Drag n Drop' signal processing chain, an arpeggiator with MIDI loop player (with 'Drag and Drop' support straight in to your DAW) along with a collection of over 1700 dancefloor ready royalty-free MIDI loops and much more.
- Over 800 Presets Included.
- Four multi-select oscillators.
- High shelf and low shelf filters for each oscillator.
- Frequency modulation controls for each oscillator type.
- Pitch detune for each oscillator, with control over unison voices & width.
- Three oscillator types (subtractive, waveform, ROM).
- Waveform generator and editor for oscillators and LFOs.
- Waveform import.
- Two arpeggiator types: MIDI Player mode, and internally controlled.
- Preset, oscillator & MIDI library browsers.
- Nine filter types including lowpass, highpass and bandpass.
- ASDR amplitude and filter envelopes.
- Four auxiliary modulation envelopes.
- Eight modulation matrix destinations.
- 2 LFOs with a choice of 4 waveforms & custom waveform mode.
- 6 FX units with configurable signal chain.
- Light and dark skin options.
- Windows & Mac VST/ Audio Unit and stand alone versions.
Update - Version 1.0.1 out now.
- Super-fast preset loading times.
- Unison detune controls added to main oscillator panels.
Reviewed By michaeljasz
November 7, 2018
My first review here so i wll try my best. Very Good synth, high quality of presets and especially very nice collection of MIDI in the browser. Suits very well with my style, hope to use it more in the future recordings! The other features are very nice - drag n drop support, waveform import and generation works really well, four oscillators is a big plus i must say, everything is very flexible and easy to control. Did not test it on my mac, windows version works really well and stable. The presets are indeed very fast and professional, hope to get more extensions in the future. The price range and its tweakability adds a lot to the competitiveness.Read more
Reviewed By fredmerfy
November 6, 2018
Ascension sounds great! Fat, clean and sits well in a mix.
There's a large library of presets, waves & samples - EDM orientated but can work in most genres. (Guitars & Orchestral especially. A few more 'organic' instruments would be good.) The browser makes it easy to find what you're after. Editing & sound creation options are plentiful. The (six) FX are simple but effective. They can be placed in any order.
The MIDI player is great for ideas / song starters. MIDI files are built in.. external MIDI files can be imported :-)
Try the demo.. odds are you'll want Ascension.