Operating as a VST or AU plug-in, DMXIS allows artists to add fully automated light shows to their musical performance - from within their favourite Mac OS X or Windows host application - with perfect synchronisation.
Lighting controllers are usually designed by lighting professionals for theatrical use. In contrast, DMXIS has been designed by audio experts for use by performers, bands and DJs. The DMXIS software is as easy to operate as any regular audio plug-in, and the light show now becomes a natural extension to the audio project.
DMXIS can also run as a standalone application, effectively turning a computer into a highly flexible and cost-effective lighting desk. For simple on-stage control, DMXIS works with any standard foot-switch, allowing live performers to step through their preset light show. Alternatively, performers who need a finer level of control can optionally operate DMXIS via a MIDI control surface.
Included with the product is a USB-to-DMX hardware interface designed by ENTTEC, which can control any DMX compatible lights, from traditional dimmers to intelligent LED lights.
DMXIS opens up the world of DMX lighting to everyone, and when combined with the latest generation of affordable and easy to use LED lights, it is an easy way for anyone to add professional looking lighting effects to their show.
DMXIS software features:
- Support for Mac OS X (10.6 or newer) and Windows (XP or newer).
- Hardware-style user interface is quick to learn and easy to use.
- Create static looks, dynamic chases and moving effects with smooth cross-fades.
- Intuitive tempo-based approach, for perfect synchronisation of lighting and music.
- VST and Audio Unit plug-in allows completely automated light shows.
- MIDI Learn and foot-switch input allows manual control of lights.
Hardware interface features:
- Outputs one DMX-512 universe (512 channels of control).
- Full microprocessor control (guarantees reliable DMX operation).
- 1500V full isolation (protects computer from surges).
- 3 and 5 pin DMX outputs (compatible with any DMX-512 light fixture).
- Powered directly from the USB cable.
- Foot-switch input for easy scene switching.