|Type / Tags||Drum SynthDrum Sampler|
Dr-Fusion 2 is a drum sampler/synth.
- 7 instruments with dual samples (kick, 2 snares, 2 percussion, hihat, ride and crash).
- 2 instruments with dual samples into which the user can load samples.
- 2 instruments with single sample slots (closed hihats, claps).
- 2 synths for toms and kicks.
- Pads (for auditioning).
- LEDs (for monitoring).
- Mute buttons.
- 2 samples can be loaded into many of the instruments for layering (the second sample can be muted).
- Over 560 samples built-in. The kick, snares, percussion and hihats each have over 120 samples available, there are 61 closed hihats, 30 ride and crashes, and 35 claps.
- Each sample-based instrument has a comprehensive set of controls (many can be automated).
- Tune (1 octave), octaves and volume controls for each sample.
- Main volume, volume envelope (ADSR), pan.
- Any one of four FX: Distortion, Filter, Bit Crusher and Clipper, each with their own controls.
- 35 Drum kits presets.
Reviewed By SciFiArtMan
February 26, 2010
I don't actually think the supplied samples are all that great when taken as a whole, but with some careful selection, mixing, and tuning you CAN get there. The indiviual outputs can be a big help in processing too. For my tastes, it would be so much better if there were a couple more user sample slots in order to achieve 3 cymbals (crash, ride, pang, bell ride, etc.) and at least 2 wing toms and a floor tom. All the claps, s-drums, and such are a waste (although the second snare can be used to give greater depth to the available snare sounds in a track -as in making the second snare be a rim shot, soft snare, or EFX snare, etc.). More cymbal and tom slots would be my change request.
My main point is - this is a solid freeware meat and potatoes drum system for natural sounding drums (it can make electro type drum sounds too, but I rarely use those). I don't know why it doesn't get more praise and love for all it CAN do. I'd be lost without it. THANKS Odo/Marc!!!Read more